Thursday, September 11, 2014

Stereotype fallacies about computer scientists

Over the past couple of days, we have talked a lot about the culture of the computer science world. The majority of us think of computer scientists as long bearded guys who have big glasses and sleep under their desks every night with old pizza boxes scattered about. However, what I have come to realize is that a computer scientist should be as respectable in his art as any other scientist is in theirs. They should be well-groomed, people-friendly, and professional. What would you think of a doctor who wore scrubby jeans to work? Not only would he not have very much business, his opinion wouldn't be respected by his peers, regardless of how proficient he was in his profession. As a future computer scientist, I know that I must do my part to become as professional as possible in communication, appearance, and working with people. Doing so will allow me to reach the greatest levels of potential that I can in the corporate world.

No comments:

Post a Comment